During the 5th High - Level Conference of THE PEP, a new THE PEP Partnership on Sustainable Tourism Mobility will be launched.
The good practices presented in this webinar will raise awareness about the benefits of making sustainable mobility an integral part of sustainable tourism and integrating sustainable mobility services in tourist products.
The webinar will bring together stakeholders from national authorities with experts from OECD, ECF, transport and tourism operators.
Target group of the side event:
National authorities responsible for sustainable tourism development and sustainable mobility in the countries of the pan-European region, interested experts from the transport and the tourism sector
Participants are invited to engage in the discussion with the experts on the panel by using the live chat function!
To participate in one or more webinars, registration via the online conference platform is required.
Please note that your attendance needs to be confirmed by the conference organizers.
This side-event will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation in German, French and Russian.
Welcome note: Robert Thaler, Austrian Federal Ministry of Climate Action
Introduction: Sustainable Tourism and Mobility as a Catalyst for Regional Development Peter Haxton, OECD
Presentation of good practice examples:
- Cycle tourism on the bigger scale - The Eurovelo network: Ed Lancaster / Jill Warren, European Cyclists’ Federation
- European night train network as the backbone for the sustainable travel system in Europe: Karin Fest, Austrian Federal Railways
- Sustainable mobility in tourism at the Danube: Petra Riffert, Secretary general of Danube Pearls network and project partner of Transdanube Travel Stories
Panel discussion on the benefits of multimodal mobility as an integral part of sustainable tourism development with:
- Alexandra Dörfler, Austrian Federal Ministry of Climate Action
- Polona Demšar Mitrovič, Slovenian Ministry of Infrastructure
- Richard Kämpf, Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs
- Ministerial representative from Sweden and the Netherlands (tbc)
Conclusions for the launch of the THE PEP Partnership on Sustainable Tourism Mobility: Andreas Friedwagner, Verracon
- Main objectives, first activities and next steps
- Stakeholders/countries announcing their interest in joining the partnership
Moderator: Andreas Friedwagner, Verracon