You would like to learn more about the benefits of having a national cycling plan/strategy?
Get inspired by the experiences of national cycling officers working with these strategic documents in their everyday life.
Elaborating national cycling plans/strategies in the countries of the pan-European region is one of the specific objectives of the pan-European Master Plan for Cycling Promotion that will be adopted during ministerial session 3 (Date: May 18th, 2021 Time: 10:00am - 11:15am CET) in the course of THE PEP High Level Meeting.
Target group of the side event:
National authorities responsible for the promotion of cycling in the countries of the pan-European region and other experts interested in the promotion of cycling.
Participants are invited to engage in the discussion with the experts on the panel by using the live chat function!
To participate in one or more webinars, registration via the online conference platform is required.
Please note that your attendance needs to be confirmed by the conference organizers.
This side-event will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation in German, French and Russian.
Welcome note: Robert Thaler, Austrian Federal Ministry of Climate Action
Introduction: Status of cycling policies in Europe: Fabian Küster, European Cyclists’ Federation
Presentation of good practise examples from selected countries of the pan-European region:
- National Strategy of Development of Cycling Transport and Cycle Touring in the Slovak Republic: Peter Klucka, Slovak National Cycling Officer at the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development
- French National Bicycle Plan: Thierry Du Crest, French National Cycling Officer at the Ministry for an Ecological Transition
Short opinion poll(s)
Panel discussion with National Cycling Officers from the pan-European Region:
- Mirjam Borsboom, Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
- Christophe Reuter, Ministry of Mobility and Public Works of Luxembourg
- Martin Eder, Austrian Federal Ministry of Climate Action
- Conclusions and outlook on the work of THE PEP Partnership on Cycling after the adoption of the pan-European Master Plan for Cycling
- Promotion: Andreas Friedwagner, Verracon
Moderator: Andreas Friedwagner, Verracon