What is it all about?
- THE PEP (Transport, Health and Environment Pan-European Programme) is a joint programme of the UNECE (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe) and the WHO (World Health Organization for Europe) which brings together national transport, health and environment ministries from 56 countries, with the aim to promote environment-friendly and healthy mobility.
- By invitation of Austria, the Fifth High-level Ministerial Meeting in the frame of THE PEP will take place in Vienna from May 17 to 18, 2021 in the form of a virtual conference. At this meeting, the declaration ”Building forward better by transforming to new, clean, safe, healthy and inclusive mobility and transport” (”Vienna Declaration“) and the first ever Pan-European Master Plan for Cycling Promotion will be adopted.
- THE PEP would like to know more about what young people think!
- Therefore, European youth aged 16–30 years will be invited to take part in four virtual Youth Forums (one of which being a Side Event of the Ministerial Meeting), which will be organised in April/May 2021 ahead of the THE PEP Ministerial Conference.
- The Youth Forums will be prepared by Austrian experts from the fields of transport, health and environment with the support and involvement of Austrian and international youth organisations.
- The outcome of the Youth Forums will be a specific Youth Position Paper, which will be officially presented by a young person during the Ministerial Session of the conference.
Take an active role in drafting the The Youth Position Paper on transport, health and environment, in particular in relation to the draft Vienna Declaration “”Building forward better by transforming to new, clean, safe, healthy and inclusive mobility and transport”!
- Exchange and network building between young people from the UNECE and WHO/Europe member states on the issue of youth mobility
- Integration of opinions and experiences of young people in the process of THE PEP
Do you enjoy cooperating with other young people?
- Be part of a dedicated team discussing new approaches for healthy, comfortable and environmentally friendly mobility for young people.
- Participate in three online Youth Forums in April 2021 and contribute your ideas and opinions. Further information on the structure and topics of the Youth Forums will be provided in advance.
- The Youth Position Paper will be presented at the virtual Ministerial Conference from May 17 to 18, 2021
Dates (3 hours for each forum)
- 13 April, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 20 April, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 28 April, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 10 May, 9:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. (Side Event of the THE PEP Ministerial Meeting)
Requirements for Participation and Registration
- Age: 16–30 years
- Ability to communicate with others in English (no simultaneous translation will be offered at the Youth Forums)
- High interest in healthy and climate-friendly transport
- Previous experience such as involvement in relevant NGOs, initiatives, projects and others
To participate in the first forum on 13 April, please register by 11 April 2021 to: email@example.com, using the template “Youth Forums Application Form”. In this case, you do not need to register separately to participate in the other forums.
However, you can also join the discussions on the development of the Youth Position Paper at a later date. To this end please register for participation in any of the other Youth Forums two days in advance.